The 2018 ASFB conference program promises to deliver three days of captivating presentations and discussions on a wide range of fish-related topics, showcasing research undertaken in both freshwater and marine environments.
Titles of the special sessions can be found here
ASFB will be hosting a series of targeted workshops on Wednesday afternoon. These will offer delegates an opportunity to become more involved in a particular topic through targeted discussion, debate and activities. All workshops have a defined objectives and outcomes. Further details and scheduling will be released in June. In the interim, please see below the options, we are requesting your preferences in the submission process.
- Threatened fishes workshop: Tools and support for saving species
- Fisheries management workshop: The importance of cohesion to confront uncertainty
- Wikipedia workshop: An introduction to improving coverage of Australian fish on Wikipedia
- Fish ethics and welfare workshop: Opportunities and challenges in nationally unified welfare legislation
- Student and ECR workshop: getting a job in the aquatic sciences